Monday, December 13, 2010

First Companion (kinda)

I miss having friends at home. It's quite a dilemma actually. I'd like a friend to play with during daytime when my parents are at work, but at night I don't really feel like sharing them with another furry pal.

We've had 3 'temporary' companions so far. First time was a while back, when we still lived at Amanda's place. Boy how I missed that house, it had a huge backyard for me to run around, or just chill enjoying the afternoon breeze. Me and my Dad used to play soccer all the time in the backyard. Good times!!

Anyway, it was Sunday morning, they came back home in a short while after leaving for church.. with a dog! I was so excited, then Mom told me that she was strolling around the sidewalk, a stray apparently, and they decided to take her home, gave her a bath, food, some water etc etc. She looks like a Maltese mix, or maybe even a pure bred, but she was so dirty it's hard to tell.

Me and my parents all felt bad and wanted to kinda keep her until we found a loving home. Saving a life is a good thing, but on the other hand, we still needed a yes from the landlord, and sadly Amanda said no.

So we had to put her up on the classified ads, see if any loving soul could give her what she deserved. A lady replied the next day, she was a senior looking for a companion for her and her grand daughter, whom she was living with. And that was it. We didn't really even have time to get to know each other. I just hope she's living a good life, just like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment